The Need For Motivation Skip to main content

The Need For Motivation






Image result for motivation

There are days when we don't feel like doing what we ought to do. There are times when the only thing which seems to surround us is the darkness, cast by failure. Even the greats had had their shares of lows in their life. So what is the thing which drives a person even when his/her chips are down? What is that force which moves a person to his/her dreams, even when everyone else seems to have given up hopes on him? There maybe different terms given by different people. The spiritual group would give one name while the opulent class may coin another term. But if you ask me, I would call it as motivation.
Image result for motivation



It is the thing which acts as a catalyst to get your energy level and your subsequent actions to a whole another level. Do you think the legends were feeling lethargic while working on their respective crafts? Do you reckon Roger Federer would have won his 19th Grand Slam, had he not loved the process of sweating it out for hours in the practice courts? Maybe some might have views which could be very much opposite to mine.

Well, I maybe wrong. I've never claimed my opinions to be totally right. But don't you feel that motivation is one of the biggest element behind one's success. Every single day when we get up in the morning, we've got a quick decision to make out of the possible 2 options- Either to go back to the dreamland or get up and do the things required. Now I presume that you fall in the later category. So what do you think is the reason behind others pressing the snooze button when the morning alarm rings?


Image result for motivation


The answer is simple- They lack the motivation to get up. They don't know what will they be doing after getting up from the bed. It is motivation which helps you to achieve your personal freedom. It is motivation which energizes and pumps you up when you encounter a new challenge in life. It presents a reason on why you've got to do a specific thing. I don't know what your 'Why' is. It might be to get out of destitution, or making your parents proud, or proving others wrong who had doubted on your skills and abilities or to bring light to others' life or whatever. You must have observed a sea- change in the way you respond to the obstacles if you are motivated enough to wither any storm which comes in your way.

Image result for the monk who sold his ferrari

I personally like to read positive books and articles to motivate myself. Even when I write articles in this blog, it fuels me to walk the talk. 'The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari' is the most inspiring book I've ever come across in my life and I highly recommend you to read it. The day when you get motivated, I am sure that you will achieve great heights, but I urge you that when you find people who are exactly in the same position you ones used to find yourself to be, please make sure that you help them.

If you liked the article, do share it with your friends.
You can also follow my blog to get regular updates regarding my blog posts.
Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

This Diwali, Let Us Smash The Traditional Vices

It was Sunday morning, the day most of the people look forward to. But it was not the case with Razia. She woke up heavy-heartedly. Reason- It was Diwali time, and unfortunately due to some or the other reason, she always finds herself in her hometown, Delhi, which off late has been popularly known as the 'gas chamber'. 





Being a Muslim girl never stood in her way of celebrating Diwali with fervour and zeal. She buys new clothes, embellishes her house with some of her handmade craft materials and eats those savoury sweets along with her family. She goes to the place of her Hindu friends, wish all of them and would have a blast! But the only thing with which she maintains a certain amount of distance is the firecrackers. Nearly half of Delhi's kids suffer from 'severe' lung problems due to the deteriorating air quality and Razia is one among those hugely populated children who fall in this unfortunate category. She suffers from asthma, and therefore can't stand …

My experience with the French couple

Not long ago, I went to my native place, Kerala via train, along with my dad. It was a 32 hour journey. Earlier, I used to spend most of my time sleeping which used to kill my time, or rather I should say that it wasted my time. But than I realized that there were many different ways through which we can spend our time while travelling, and they were certainly better than to sleep like a nincompoop. I started reading books during my travel time and made a small investment in myself. Although I won't say that it went on to reap massive results, but the result is very much visible.
 On that particular journey, there was also a nun who was sitting with us. She looked calm as a millpond and usually looked out of the window, maybe to feel the breeze and to see the serene nature quickly getting past her. After having read many self development books of Robin Sharma and Dale Carnegie, I thought the best thing to do was to start a conversation with her which would help me to expand my kn…

Don't Quit- Poem

Since last few days I've been listening to various poems by the budding poets around the globe and enjoyed most of them. But then I came across this one which was so serene and motivating, that I really couldn't resist myself from sharing it with you guys. It somewhat goes like this:


When things go wrong as they sometimes will When the road you're trudging seems all uphill When the funds are low and the debts are high And you want to smile, but you have to sigh. When care is pressing you down a bit,  Rest, if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with it's twists and turns, As everyone of us sometimes learns And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out; Don't give up though the pace seems low You may succeed with another blow Often the gold is nearer than, It seems to be a faint and faltering man. Often the struggler has given up When he might have captured the victor's cup And he learnt too late when the night slipped down, How close he …