Pablo Picasso And The Lady Skip to main content

Pablo Picasso And The Lady

Once, one of the greatest painters of all times, Pablo Picasso was in a market place. A lady saw him and said 'Mr Picasso, it's great to see you. I am a big fan of yours'. He said 'Nice to meet you'.The lady pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil and she said 'Mr Picasso, can you do a bit of art for me? Can you do a bit of drawing for me'? She asked in a voice which didn't seem to take a No for an answer. Picasso said 'absolutely'.

Image result for pablo picasso hd photos

 He quickly drew something and gave it to her. The lady looked at the drawing and she certainly was impressed by his art 'Oh Picasso, fantastic. This the best piece of drawing I've ever had', the lady said. After saying that, she starts walking away. Picasso called her and said 'Ah! my dear lady, that will be a million dollars.' The lady, obviously shell- shocked by that statement looked at him and said 'Picasso. A million dollars? It took you just 30 seconds to do that'. He said 'My dear lady, it took me 30 years to do that drawing in 30 seconds'.

So what is the take away from this story? It is, that if you are monomaniacal about that goal or that dream which you have, about which you are so passionate about and if you are willing to put in the required amount of work, then one day, even before you realise it, people will start calling you a 'genius'.

If you liked the article, do share it to the people whom you wish massive success.
If you wish to read my upcoming blog posts, you can also subscribe to my blog.

Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

This Diwali, Let Us Smash The Traditional Vices

It was Sunday morning, the day most of the people look forward to. But it was not the case with Razia. She woke up heavy-heartedly. Reason- It was Diwali time, and unfortunately due to some or the other reason, she always finds herself in her hometown, Delhi, which off late has been popularly known as the 'gas chamber'. 





Being a Muslim girl never stood in her way of celebrating Diwali with fervour and zeal. She buys new clothes, embellishes her house with some of her handmade craft materials and eats those savoury sweets along with her family. She goes to the place of her Hindu friends, wish all of them and would have a blast! But the only thing with which she maintains a certain amount of distance is the firecrackers. Nearly half of Delhi's kids suffer from 'severe' lung problems due to the deteriorating air quality and Razia is one among those hugely populated children who fall in this unfortunate category. She suffers from asthma, and therefore can't stand …

My experience with the French couple

Not long ago, I went to my native place, Kerala via train, along with my dad. It was a 32 hour journey. Earlier, I used to spend most of my time sleeping which used to kill my time, or rather I should say that it wasted my time. But than I realized that there were many different ways through which we can spend our time while travelling, and they were certainly better than to sleep like a nincompoop. I started reading books during my travel time and made a small investment in myself. Although I won't say that it went on to reap massive results, but the result is very much visible.
 On that particular journey, there was also a nun who was sitting with us. She looked calm as a millpond and usually looked out of the window, maybe to feel the breeze and to see the serene nature quickly getting past her. After having read many self development books of Robin Sharma and Dale Carnegie, I thought the best thing to do was to start a conversation with her which would help me to expand my kn…

Don't Quit- Poem

Since last few days I've been listening to various poems by the budding poets around the globe and enjoyed most of them. But then I came across this one which was so serene and motivating, that I really couldn't resist myself from sharing it with you guys. It somewhat goes like this:


When things go wrong as they sometimes will When the road you're trudging seems all uphill When the funds are low and the debts are high And you want to smile, but you have to sigh. When care is pressing you down a bit,  Rest, if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with it's twists and turns, As everyone of us sometimes learns And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out; Don't give up though the pace seems low You may succeed with another blow Often the gold is nearer than, It seems to be a faint and faltering man. Often the struggler has given up When he might have captured the victor's cup And he learnt too late when the night slipped down, How close he …